Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wow, This is Right Out of Atlas Shrugged!

According to the WSJ, “Charlie Rangel, who is leading the charge for a new 5.4-percentage point income tax surcharge and recently called it ‘the moral thing to do.’” Funny thing, evidently this looter "thinks that his end justifies his seizure of my means."

More from Atlas Shrugged: “For centuries, the battle of morality was fought between those who claimed that your life belongs to God and those who claimed that it belongs to your neighbors - between those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of ghosts in heaven and those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of incompetents on earth. And no one came to say that your life belongs to you and that the good is to live it.”

“Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where the gun begins.”

"I did not sit on piles of money and demand collateral from poor people who needed loans. The heart was my collateral. Of course, I do not expect anyone in this materialistic country to understand me. The rewards I got were not of a kind that people of your class, Miss Taggart, would appreciate. The people who used to sit in front of my desk, at the bank, did not sit as you do, Miss Taggart. They were humble, uncertain, worn with care, afraid to speak. My rewards were the tears of gratitude in their eyes, the trembling voices, the blessings, the woman who kissed my hand when I granted her a loan she had begged for in vain everywhere else."

"The only justification of private property ... is public service"

"Private property is a trusteeship held for the benefit of society as a whole"

"Property rights are a superstition. One holds property only by the courtesy of those who do not seize it. The people can seize it at any moment. If they can, why shouldn't they?"

All of this sounds way to similar to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment